Nursing schools vary with their requirements, but many requirements are also standard as required by accreditation and certification bodies. LPN and LVN training tend to lead to an associate degree. These are generally offered at nursing vocational colleges and universities. You can also earn your Registered Nurse i.e. RN or Bachelor of Science in Nursing i.e. the BSN degree. Programs include CNA training, LPN to RN, RN to BSN, BSN to MSN and RN to MSN
Nursing Training and Education
The Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN) is a four year degree and is granted by an accredited university or college. Although graduates are eligible to take the NCLEX-RN licensing examination to become a registered nurse after graduating from either a two year program with an Associate’s Degree (ADN) or from a four-year program with an Bachelor’s Degree (BSN), the BSN prepares nurses for a professional that includes research, administration and leadership, and nursing informatics. The Master of Science in Nursing prepares graduates to work as Nurse Practitioners (NP), Certified Nurse Anesthetists (CRNA), Clinical Nurse Specialists (CNS), or Certified Nurse Midwives (CNM).
Graduate of online Nursing Programs at the masters level work in many environments, including high demand areas ambulatory care, burn care, emergency and intensive care, geriatrics, home care, maternal and child care, pediatrics, psychiatric settings, travel nursing, and rehabilitation.
In most nursing schools and programs, nursing students are able to complete the non-clinical portion of their course work via online classes. They then complete the clinical portions at medical facilities close to where they live.
Careers in Nursing
Nurses work in other areas beyond hospitals such as doctors’ offices, research facilities, non-profit organizations, schools, universities, military, etc. In these nursing areas they can be involved in health care management and administration. Online nursing schools will train you in various areas of specialization for example pediatrics, geriatrics, and community health.
- Why Earn Your Degree from GCU?
- Options: Choose from a variety of undergraduate and graduate degree programs in Business, Nursing, Psychology, Education & more!
- Convenience: Complete courses online, on campus, or a combination of both!
- Earlier Graduation: Our 4-credit courses allow you to complete your degree program in less time.
- Transfer Friendly: We will request your transcripts, evaluate your graduate coursework, and determine your anticipated graduation date within 24 hours.
- Quality: Grand Canyon University was founded in 1949 and is regionally accredited. Learn more today!
- Doctor of Nursing Practice with an Emphasis in Educational Leadership
- B.S. in Nursing (Registered Nurse - R.N. to B.S.N)
- M.S. in Nursing: Health Care Informatics (Bridge)
- And more...
- Flexible, online RN-BSN and MSN programs available
- RN-BSN program is designed to help registered nurses earn their bachelor’s in as little as 9 months
- Courses designed to expand on student’s prior knowledge and enhance their patient care skills
- Master of Science in Nursing - Nursing Administration
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing (RN to BSN completion)
- Master of Science in Nursing - Nursing Education
Experience the Rewards of Caring, With ECPI’s Medical Careers Institute, you can Earn Your Bachelor’s Degree in 2.5 Years or Your Associate’s Even Sooner through Our Year-Round Schedule!
- Nursing (RN-BSN) - Bachelor's
- Nursing - Master's
At Kaplan University, we offer over 180 degree and certificate programs. With three different ways to learn, you can choose the format that works best for you:
- Study wherever you have an Internet connection, because almost all of our courses are 100% online, or
- Take campus-based classes(with day and evening options available), or
- Combine campus learning with online classes (blended).
- MS in Nursing
- Master of Science in Nursing : Executive Leader
- Family Nurse Practitioner Graduate Certificate
- And more...
Established in 1897, Bradley University is a private, independent institution of higher learning in Peoria, Illinois. Inspired by our founder, notable philanthropist Lydia Moss Bradley, we pursue excellence in teaching, research, scholarship and service; and we celebrate leadership, integrity, diversity and collaborative learning. Today, we offer an impressive array of more than 130 undergraduate, graduate and continuing education programs across five colleges and the Graduate School.
- Online Doctor of Nursing Practice - Leadership Track (MSN to DNP)
- Online Master of Science in Nursing (BSN to MSN-FNP)
- Online Doctor of Nursing Practice - Family Nurse Practitioner Track (BSN to DNP)
- And more...
Fortis Institute can give you the skills you need to train for a career in the healthcare field.
* Programs vary by location
* Please contact each individual campus for accreditation information
- Associate Degree in Nursing
- Practical Nursing
- Medical Assisting
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN)
Wilkes University’s School of Nursing offers CCNE-accredited online degrees and certificate programs ideal for working health care professionals, instructed by experienced, respected faculty dedicated to mentoring and personalized support for every student. Our nursing degrees offer the cutting-edge professional knowledge and skills needed in today’s dynamic, evolving health care industry.
- RN to MS - Nursing Informatics
- M.S. with Major in Nursing - Nursing Informatics
- DNP - Doctor of Nursing Practice
- And more...
Do you want to start working toward a career that actually makes you excited? If so, an education from West Coast University (WCU) could be the perfect choice for you! This accredited, private University has a history that dates back over 100 years. Today, WCU offers health care degrees that will help prepare you and educate you on the current trends and issues within the health industry.
- MSN - Informatics (Online)
- MSN Advanced Generalist (Online)
- RN to MSN - Advanced Generalist (Online)
- And more...
The goal of Virginia College lies in its responsibility to its students, the technical and business communities, and the general citizenry. We have a long history of offering new direction to students.
- AAS - Medical Assistant
- DIP - Medical Assistant