The LPN to BSN degree program provides the licensed practical nurse (LPN) the opportunity to complete an accredited BSN degree in as little as four semesters. As a Licensed Vocational Nurse/Licensed Practical Nurse, you know what it is like to work in the health care industry. You are most likely aware, that there is a great deal of room for advancement, also. This can mean better jobs, and much higher pay. A common way for licensed practical nurses to advance, is to get a Bachelor of Science Degree in nursing.
LPN to BSN Education and Training
This is normally a four year program, but you may be able to go from LPN to BSN degree in less time. After all, you may already have some of the needed qualifications. The growing need for specialized nurses starts at the RN certification and licensure level. Most LPN’s choose to continue their education in BSN programs so as to attain a Registered Nurse (RN) certification.
If you already have a two year degree, you may not need some of the basic courses. Those courses include Math, Science, Biology, English, and such. However, there will be other courses that you will need. Some of those courses may be as follows.
- Pediatric Nursing – this includes working with children. It also includes understanding illness and issues that relate to children.
- Elderly Nursing – this covers special needs for seniors (gerontology). It is very important for anyone wishing to work in nursing home or extended care environments.
- Nursing Management – this is important if you plan to have a position like staff nurse.
- Women Health Care – this may include maternity and gynecology.
- Health assessments and patient diagnostics – this knowledge and skill is very important as nurses may be the first professionals to see patients.
- Nursing Research
- Nursing and complex health issues
After completing the course, you will need to pass a NCLEX exam. This stands for National Council of Sate Boards of Nursing. This may qualify you for a career in nursing. The exam will test your basic skills and understanding of nursing. Other licensing requirements will depend on the job that you apply for.
Careers in Nursing
Your LPN training has prepared you for many things that you may face. However, as you qualify for other positions, conditions may change. You may wish to become an RN or registered nurse with a bachelors degree (BSN). This is a higher paying position and your degree will help you qualify. There are also teaching and research positions that you may consider, and certified nursing jobs, too.
These positions offer better pay and the chance for increased benefits. Your new degree may open the door to many advancement opportunities. After you complete your courses, you will be expected to have skills in nursing leadership and management. You will also know about clinical judgment and have a better idea how to access patient treatment and nursing skills.
- Flexible, online RN-BSN and MSN programs available
- RN-BSN program is designed to help registered nurses earn their bachelor’s in as little as 9 months
- Courses designed to expand on student’s prior knowledge and enhance their patient care skills
- Master of Science in Nursing - Nursing Administration
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing (RN to BSN completion)
- Nursing Degree Programs from Grand Canyon University's College of Nursing & Health Care Professions
- Degree Variety: GCU offers a full-spectrum of nursing programs including bachelor’s, master’s, and doctoral degrees, as well as post-master’s certificates.
- The baccalaureate degree in nursing and master's degree in nursing at Grand Canyon University are accredited by the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (http://www.aacn.nche.edu-accreditation).
- GCU provides a Christian environment that provides an opportunity for you to embrace a holistic approach to caring for patients: physically, emotionally, and spiritually.
- Depending on the degree you choose, you could take online, evening, or on-campus classes. Speak with an enrollment counselor to discuss your options!
- Doctor of Nursing Practice with an Emphasis in Educational Leadership
- M.S. in Nursing: Health Care Informatics (Bridge)
- M.S. in Nursing: Public Health (Bridge)
- And more...
Established in 1897, Bradley University is a private, independent institution of higher learning in Peoria, Illinois. Inspired by our founder, notable philanthropist Lydia Moss Bradley, we pursue excellence in teaching, research, scholarship and service; and we celebrate leadership, integrity, diversity and collaborative learning. Today, we offer an impressive array of more than 130 undergraduate, graduate and continuing education programs across five colleges and the Graduate School.
- Online Doctor of Nursing Practice - Leadership Track (MSN to DNP)
- Online Master of Science in Nursing (BSN to MSN-FNP)
- Online Doctor of Nursing Practice - Family Nurse Practitioner Track (BSN to DNP)
- And more...
At Kaplan University, we offer over 180 degree and certificate programs. With three different ways to learn, you can choose the format that works best for you:
- Study wherever you have an Internet connection, because almost all of our courses are 100% online, or
- Take campus-based classes(with day and evening options available), or
- Combine campus learning with online classes (blended).
- MS in Nursing
- Master of Science in Nursing : Executive Leader
- Family Nurse Practitioner Graduate Certificate
- And more...
Experience the Rewards of Caring, With ECPI’s Medical Careers Institute, you can Earn Your Bachelor’s Degree in 2.5 Years or Your Associate’s Even Sooner through Our Year-Round Schedule!
- Nursing (RN-BSN) - Bachelor's
Earn your graduate degree online with Northcentral University. We offer online programs focused on doctoral and master’s degrees in the schools of business and technology management, education, psychology and marriage and family sciences.
- Doctor of Education - Nursing Education
Fortis Institute can give you the skills you need to train for a career in the healthcare field.
* Programs vary by location
* Please contact each individual campus for accreditation information
- Associate Degree in Nursing
Do you want to start working toward a career that actually makes you excited? If so, an education from West Coast University (WCU) could be the perfect choice for you! This accredited, private University has a history that dates back over 100 years. Today, WCU offers health care degrees that will help prepare you and educate you on the current trends and issues within the health industry.
- MSN - Informatics (Online)
- MSN Advanced Generalist (Online)
- RN to MSN - Advanced Generalist (Online)
- And more...
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN)
- 100% online degrees include Master of Arts in Teaching, Master of Science in Education, and more.
- Students and faculty are encouraged to engage in a collaborative learning environment that promotes personal and professional growth.
- All faculty are professionals in the field of education, with PhD or EdD qualifications.
- Programs are designed to help educators at every level sharpen their teaching skills.
- MS in Education (for Existing Teachers Grades K-12)
- MS in Nursing
- Master of Science - DNP Path (Doctor of Nursing Practice)
- And more...