The LPN to BSN degree program provides the licensed practical nurse (LPN) the opportunity to complete an accredited BSN degree in as little as four semesters. As a Licensed Vocational Nurse/Licensed Practical Nurse, you know what it is like to work in the health care industry. You are most likely aware, that there is a great deal of room for advancement, also. This can mean better jobs, and much higher pay. A common way for licensed practical nurses to advance, is to get a Bachelor of Science Degree in nursing.
LPN to BSN Education and Training
This is normally a four year program, but you may be able to go from LPN to BSN degree in less time. After all, you may already have some of the needed qualifications. The growing need for specialized nurses starts at the RN certification and licensure level. Most LPN’s choose to continue their education in BSN programs so as to attain a Registered Nurse (RN) certification.
If you already have a two year degree, you may not need some of the basic courses. Those courses include Math, Science, Biology, English, and such. However, there will be other courses that you will need. Some of those courses may be as follows.
- Pediatric Nursing – this includes working with children. It also includes understanding illness and issues that relate to children.
- Elderly Nursing – this covers special needs for seniors (gerontology). It is very important for anyone wishing to work in nursing home or extended care environments.
- Nursing Management – this is important if you plan to have a position like staff nurse.
- Women Health Care – this may include maternity and gynecology.
- Health assessments and patient diagnostics – this knowledge and skill is very important as nurses may be the first professionals to see patients.
- Nursing Research
- Nursing and complex health issues
After completing the course, you will need to pass a NCLEX exam. This stands for National Council of Sate Boards of Nursing. This may qualify you for a career in nursing. The exam will test your basic skills and understanding of nursing. Other licensing requirements will depend on the job that you apply for.
Careers in Nursing
Your LPN training has prepared you for many things that you may face. However, as you qualify for other positions, conditions may change. You may wish to become an RN or registered nurse with a bachelors degree (BSN). This is a higher paying position and your degree will help you qualify. There are also teaching and research positions that you may consider, and certified nursing jobs, too.
These positions offer better pay and the chance for increased benefits. Your new degree may open the door to many advancement opportunities. After you complete your courses, you will be expected to have skills in nursing leadership and management. You will also know about clinical judgment and have a better idea how to access patient treatment and nursing skills.
- Online MBA program ranked 6th in the USA by CEO magazine.
- In a university-sponsored survey, 4 out of 5 alumni reported being satisfied with their experience.
- #1 Online School for military veterans according to Military Times.
- 75,000+ graduates across all industries offer extensive networking opportunities.
- My Unique Student Experience (M.U.S.E.) lets students watch, view, read, or hear content.
- Smartphone app available for on-the-go learning.
- Master of Science in Nursing - Nursing Administration
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing (RN to BSN completion)
- Programs include Bachelor of Science in Nursing—RN-to-BSN, Master of Science in Nursing, and more.
- Experienced faculty members provide a practical knowledge of patient care, treatments, and research in the field of nursing.
- Courses designed to keep students up to date with the latest advances in medical technology.
- Online and on-campus programs have flexible schedules, designed for working professionals.
- MS in Nursing
- Master of Science - DNP Path (Doctor of Nursing Practice)
- Master of Science in Nursing-Family Nurse Practitioner
- And more...
- Why Earn Your Degree from GCU?
- Options: Choose from a variety of undergraduate and graduate degree programs in Business, Nursing, Psychology, Education & more!
- Convenience: Complete courses online, on campus, or a combination of both!
- Earlier Graduation: Our 4-credit courses allow you to complete your degree program in less time.
- Transfer Friendly: We will request your transcripts, evaluate your graduate coursework, and determine your anticipated graduation date within 24 hours.
- Quality: Grand Canyon University was founded in 1949 and is regionally accredited. Learn more today!
- M.S. in Nursing: Health Care Informatics (Bridge)
- M.S. in Nursing: Public Health (Bridge)
- B.S. in Nursing (Registered Nurse - R.N. to B.S.N)
- And more...
- BSN completion program for Registered Nurses is available entirely online.
- The RN to BSN program is designed to help students advance their career, or prepare for post-graduate opportunities.
- Courses teach modern health assessment and treatment methods, how to evaluate potential disease or injury, and more.
- Regionally accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges (SACSCOC).
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing (RN to BSN)
- Education programs include BA in Education Studies, BA in Child Development, and MA in Education.
- Students can specialize in areas such as Education and Public Policy, Instructional Design, and Early Childhood Education.
- Courses cover concepts such as phonics, curriculum development, instruction for English language learners, and more.
- Flexible, online courses allow students to pursue a degree on their own schedule.
- BA/Library Science and Media
- BA/English Language Learner Studies
- BA/Education Studies
- And more...
- Recognized in the first Best for Vets: Business Schools list in Military Times Edge magazine’s 2013 “Best for Vets” edition.
- Offers MUSE (My Unique Student Experience), a content delivery system that gives students the option to watch, view, read or listen to required course materials.
- Allows students to complete courses at whatever pace they want.
- A DANTES-affiliated university and member of the Service Members Opportunity Colleges.
- Offers IntelliPath, a proprietary learning technology that lets students learn at their own pace.
- Master's Healthcare Management
- Your Accredited Degree from a TOP College Awaits! - Education Connection
- Education Connection is a 100% Free College Matching Service used by 50,000 People Daily.
- Affordable and Flexible Business Degree Programs from Top Colleges Across the Nation. Both Online And Campus!
- Just Fill Out a Few Questions and You Can Find Your Perfect Business Degree Program Within Minutes.
- Start Using our Fast, Free, and Easy Matching Service Right HERE and Right NOW!
Centura College, with campus locations in Virginia, South Carolina and Florida, is dedicated to helping students gain the skills and attitudes necessary to succeed. Drawing from over 30 years of career school experience.
Abilene Christian University is a national leader in Christian higher education and a place where students, faculty, staff and alumni make a real difference in the world.
Fortis Institute can give you the skills you need to train for a career in the healthcare field.
* Programs vary by location
* Please contact each individual campus for accreditation information