A joint healthcare management and nursing is an important area of study in the medical field, as it blends elements of nursing care with health administration and management. This is where essential skills are taught in the best ways of working with the growing technologies, medical advances and the natural changes in the health industry. The healthcare management masters program, you will provide you with comprehensive business skills that are well fitted for the healthcare and medical profession.
Health Care Management Training and Education
The business skills will enable you to run organized operations within this sector. This will include the economics, leadership skills and communication for patients, the public as well as colleagues. Health is a major concern of every country and the management program is recognized as one that blends important elements together.
To enroll in the Healthcare management MBA you will need to have at least a bachelor’s degree. You may be required to sit entry examinations that usually need to be taken within two years of applying for the MBA. In addition to the twelve-year duration of a full time course, you may be asked to attend additional business classes, depending on your current area of expertise.
Key areas in the Healthcare management MBA which you will study include: Accounting and Finance, Operations Managerial position, Health Economics, Managing People Skills, International Health Care, Business Economics and Marketing. You will also have the options of studying: Leadership of health Inequalities, Social Policy, Quantitative Methods for the Investigation and Management of Health Inequalities. Other courses may include:
- Pharmaceutical Marketing
- Healthcare Marketing
- Epidemiology and Public Health
- Health Law and Ethics
- Healthcare Management Information Systems
- Managerial Accounting in Healthcare Organizations
- Healthcare Leadership
- Nursing Research
- Applied Financial Management and Budgeting
- Nursing Ethics
- Evidence-based Practice
You will be given the opportunity to not only excel in the business environment you choose, but also learn how to work with the media. This is important when keeping patients and the public on your side, and to build up trust. Assessment is performed by examinations and course work. You will be required to attend lectures and tutorials as well as additional seminars.
Health Care Management Careers
Once you have qualified you should expect to find a career in management levels all across the health services either in your home country, or at other locations all over the world. With the skills you have achieved you can find yourself able to apply for a wide range of jobs. Topics include health care organizations, finance, infrastructure, strategic management, and quality and database management.
There continues to be demand for skilled professionals in this field, which has to change and adapt to new situations. This is due to the rate of change which occurs in medicine. The research and controlling of diseases is constantly making the healthcare industry amongst the fastest growing industries, including health care management and health care administration.
Employment sectors which may be of interest to you include: Pharmaceuticals, Hospitals, Long-term Care Facilities, World Aid, Charities and Health Technologies. This is a career that will always demand high management skills. The health management departments need to contend with constant medical advances and newly discovered diseases. You will need to apply your management skills to maintain well-run offices and people.
The terrorist threats and natural disasters also need to be carefully monitored and plans in place for all types of scenarios. Your planning capabilities will be put to the test constantly and you will need to be proficient at monitoring new situations and incidents.
Health and Nursing Administration Programs
- Which career path will you take – Business, Nursing, Education, Psychology? Something else? GCU offers more than 100 majors to get you started!
- Colangelo College of Business: Features more than 25 programs from the bachelor through the master's level, including several high-demand MBA programs and an accelerated accounting degree.
- College of Nursing and Health Care Professions: Rich 25-year history providing outstanding health care and nursing degree programs, including an RN to BSN program & master's in nursing degrees.
- College of Education: Whether you are looking to start or advance your career as a teacher or administrator, GCU offers bachelor’s and master’s in education degrees in key areas.
- College of Humanities and Social Sciences: Provides a job focused education and features a variety of programs from counseling and psychology to justice studies, history and English literature.
- Does something else interest you? GCU also offers programs in Doctoral Studies; Theology; Science, Engineering & Technology; and Fine Arts & Production. Speak with an enrollment counselor today!
- M.S. in Nursing: Nursing Leadership in Health Care Systems
- M.S. in Health Care Administration
- Ed. D. in Organizational Leadership with an Emphasis in Health Care Administration
- And more...
Recognized by the U.S. News and World Report for: Best Online Programs, Bachelor’s 2017, Best Online Programs, Grad Education 2017 and Best Online Programs, Bachelor’s for Veterans 2017
- MSN Nursing Administration & Leadership (Master of Science) - Online
- Earn your Master of Public Health Online from GW in 12 months.
- GRE waivers available for qualified applicants.
- Advance your career in a range of industries, including epidemiology, public health and biostatistics.
- Executive Master of Health Administration
- Our online Master of Healthcare Administration (MHA) degree program can help you improve the experience of healthcare providers and patients.
- Walden’s online MHA program prepares leaders who can respond to the needs of their communities while optimizing organizational performance and outcomes.
- Taught by doctoral-level faculty, our online MHA degree program features curriculum with multimedia that lends a real-world perspective to your online learning experience.
- Two ways to earn your MHA: choose from a course-based format or our competency-based Tempo Learning® by Walden that allows you to learn on your own schedule, at your own pace.
- M.S. in Nursing (MSN) - BSN Track - Leadership and Management
- M.S. in Nursing (MSN) - RN Track - Leadership and Management
- Master of Healthcare Administration (M.H.A.)
- And more...
Nursing@Simmons, the innovative, online nursing degree program from Simmons School of Nursing and Health Sciences prepares Registered Nurses for the next stage of their careers.
You need to have a Bachelor’s degree and RN license to be qualified for this school.
- MSN - Family Nurse Practitioner
- RN to MSN - Family Nurse Practitioner
Regis is a leading Catholic university in greater Boston with undergraduate, graduate and doctoral students in the arts, sciences and health professions devoted to engage, serve and advance in a global community. Founded in 1927, and as a leader in education, Regis is dedicated to offering programs with a holistic view of health care that are designed for the future of the field.
- Online Master of Health Administration
- Recognized as a Top 20 Best Online Bachelor’s Program by U.S. News & World Report in 2016.
- Online, campus-based, and evening courses offered in 95 areas of study, including Business, Nursing, Psychology, & more.
- Endorsed by G.I. Jobs and Military Advanced Education magazine as a Military Friendly School in 2015.
- Features small class sizes, with a student-to-faculty ratio of 23 to 1.
- 88% of Regent University students receive financial aid, with $18 million awarded in institutional scholarships & aid each year.
- Master of Arts in Organizational Leadership - Healthcare Management
- Master of Arts in Government - Healthcare Policy & Ethics
- Doctor of Strategic Leadership - Healthcare Leadership
CTU can help you connect to what matters most: a powerful professional network, faculty who are real-world professionals and innovative technology. And now several CTU degree programs are ranked by U.S. News Best Online Programs for 2015. Are you in?
- Master of Science in Management - Healthcare Management
- Master of Science in Healthcare Management
- Master of Science in Healthcare Management - Informatics
- And more...
Ohio University has offered distance learning educational opportunities for more than 100 years. Our nationally-ranked graduate programs provide flexible opportunities to students around the globe
- Master of Health Administration
Abilene Christian University is a national leader in Christian higher education and a place where students, faculty, staff and alumni make a real difference in the world.
- Master of Healthcare Administration
- Doctor of Nursing Practice