A joint healthcare management and nursing is an important area of study in the medical field, as it blends elements of nursing care with health administration and management. This is where essential skills are taught in the best ways of working with the growing technologies, medical advances and the natural changes in the health industry. The healthcare management masters program, you will provide you with comprehensive business skills that are well fitted for the healthcare and medical profession.
Health Care Management Training and Education
The business skills will enable you to run organized operations within this sector. This will include the economics, leadership skills and communication for patients, the public as well as colleagues. Health is a major concern of every country and the management program is recognized as one that blends important elements together.
To enroll in the Healthcare management MBA you will need to have at least a bachelor’s degree. You may be required to sit entry examinations that usually need to be taken within two years of applying for the MBA. In addition to the twelve-year duration of a full time course, you may be asked to attend additional business classes, depending on your current area of expertise.
Key areas in the Healthcare management MBA which you will study include: Accounting and Finance, Operations Managerial position, Health Economics, Managing People Skills, International Health Care, Business Economics and Marketing. You will also have the options of studying: Leadership of health Inequalities, Social Policy, Quantitative Methods for the Investigation and Management of Health Inequalities. Other courses may include:
- Pharmaceutical Marketing
- Healthcare Marketing
- Epidemiology and Public Health
- Health Law and Ethics
- Healthcare Management Information Systems
- Managerial Accounting in Healthcare Organizations
- Healthcare Leadership
- Nursing Research
- Applied Financial Management and Budgeting
- Nursing Ethics
- Evidence-based Practice
You will be given the opportunity to not only excel in the business environment you choose, but also learn how to work with the media. This is important when keeping patients and the public on your side, and to build up trust. Assessment is performed by examinations and course work. You will be required to attend lectures and tutorials as well as additional seminars.
Health Care Management Careers
Once you have qualified you should expect to find a career in management levels all across the health services either in your home country, or at other locations all over the world. With the skills you have achieved you can find yourself able to apply for a wide range of jobs. Topics include health care organizations, finance, infrastructure, strategic management, and quality and database management.
There continues to be demand for skilled professionals in this field, which has to change and adapt to new situations. This is due to the rate of change which occurs in medicine. The research and controlling of diseases is constantly making the healthcare industry amongst the fastest growing industries, including health care management and health care administration.
Employment sectors which may be of interest to you include: Pharmaceuticals, Hospitals, Long-term Care Facilities, World Aid, Charities and Health Technologies. This is a career that will always demand high management skills. The health management departments need to contend with constant medical advances and newly discovered diseases. You will need to apply your management skills to maintain well-run offices and people.
The terrorist threats and natural disasters also need to be carefully monitored and plans in place for all types of scenarios. Your planning capabilities will be put to the test constantly and you will need to be proficient at monitoring new situations and incidents.
Health and Nursing Administration Programs
- Registered nurses, advance your career - earn your Master of Science in Nursing online with GCU.
- Our MSN degree will strengthen your knowledge, values, analytical and critical thinking skills so you are prepared to advocate the highest-level of care possible.
- GCU prepares nurses for leadership roles in today's rapidly changing healthcare delivery systems.
- Earn an MSN degree with an emphasis in health care informatics, nursing education, public health and more.
- The baccalaureate degree in nursing and master's degree in nursing at GCU are accredited by the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education
- M.S. in Nursing: Nursing Leadership in Health Care Systems
- M.S. in Health Care Administration
- Ed. D. in Organizational Leadership with an Emphasis in Health Care Administration
- And more...
As few as 20 months
Nursing@Simmons enables Registered Nurses to earn an MSN online from Simmons College and prepare to pursue certification as a Family Nurse Practitioner in as few as 20 months.
- MSN - Family Nurse Practitioner
- RN to MSN - Family Nurse Practitioner
You’re serious about success. With your busy schedule and the desire to move your career forward, you can earn an accredited associate, bachelors or master’s degree at a pace that works for you anywhere, anytime, 24/7.
At AIU, the Serious U, you can get started to get ahead.
- Master's Healthcare Management
- Northcentral University was founded in 1996 to provide working professionals around the world with unprecedented access to richly engaging, professionally relevant, and academically-rigorous education from a U.S. university.
- As a regionally accredited, private, online and graduate-focused university, NCU offers doctoral, master’s and bachelor’s degrees in business, technology management, education, and psychology, as well as doctoral and master’s degrees in marriage and family therapy.
- Master of Health Administration
- Doctor of Health Administration
- Doctor of Education - Nursing Education