A BSN degree is a Bachelor of Science degree in nursing. This is a four year course, and the training is taken by people that wish to become professional nurses. It is one of the most popular methods for students that wish an entry level position in nursing. This is not to be confused with the Second Degree Bachelor of Science in nursing, as this is for people that already hold a four year degree in a field other than nursing.
BSN Training and Education
This gives them a second degree and takes much less time, as they may already have many college credits that are needed. In most cases, it takes about two years for a Second Degree. Some courses may be offered as an Accelerated Degree Bachelor of Science in Nursing. This is also for those seeking a second degree.
The accelerated course may be completed in as little as one year. The main difference between the second degree and accelerated nursing program is the time frame. There are also BSN courses for professional nurses. These courses are designed for nurses (RN, LPN, LVN) that wish to pursue a Bachelor of Science degree in nursing. This will help them to pursue careers in teaching, research and other opportunities.
There will be many nursing courses to complete. Expect courses like nursing management, clinical nursing, nursing care and others, as well as completing a minumum number of clinical rotation hours in health facilties. You will need to have completed a high school education in order to start training. There will be many subjects required to pass the course. Here is what you may expect depending on the program you enroll in.
- English composition
You may already have credits for some courses like Biology, Math, and English. In that case, they may not be required. Specific BSN curricula varies, but may include courses that include:
- Health Maintenance and Restoration
- Health Education
- Community Health Nursing
- Mental Health and Illness
- Public Health Nursing
After completing the course, you will need to pass a NCLEX exam. This stands for National Council of Sate Boards of Nursing. This may qualify you for a career in nursing. The exam will test your basic skills and understanding of nursing. Other licensing requirements will depend on the job that you apply for.
Careers in Nursing
You may be able to qualify as a RN, LPN, or LVN. If you are a nurse with a BSN degree you may be able to qualify as a specialty nurse in things like cardiology or gynecology. You also may be able to go into teaching or research.
As a nurse, you will be able to provide proper patient care. You will understand why and how patients respond to treatment. You will have scientific and clinical knowledge and also be skilled in nursing management.
You will be a professional nurse and be able to respond to all aspects of the jobs and emergency situations. You may be expected to work, nights, weekends, and holidays. You may need to spend long hours on your feet and deal with patients that may be confused or difficult at times.
- Programs include Bachelor of Science in Nursing—RN-to-BSN, Master of Science in Nursing, and more.
- Experienced faculty members provide a practical knowledge of patient care, treatments, and research in the field of nursing.
- Courses designed to keep students up to date with the latest advances in medical technology.
- Online and on-campus programs have flexible schedules, designed for working professionals.
- MS in Nursing
- Master of Science - DNP Path (Doctor of Nursing Practice)
- Master of Science in Nursing-Family Nurse Practitioner
- And more...
- Online MBA program ranked 6th in the USA by CEO magazine.
- In a university-sponsored survey, 4 out of 5 alumni reported being satisfied with their experience.
- #1 Online School for military veterans according to Military Times.
- 75,000+ graduates across all industries offer extensive networking opportunities.
- My Unique Student Experience (M.U.S.E.) lets students watch, view, read, or hear content.
- Smartphone app available for on-the-go learning.
- Master of Science in Nursing - Nursing Administration
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing (RN to BSN completion)
- Master of Science in Nursing - Nursing Education
- Nursing Degree Programs from Grand Canyon University's College of Nursing & Health Care Professions
- Degree Variety: GCU offers a full-spectrum of nursing programs including bachelor’s, master’s, and doctoral degrees, as well as post-master’s certificates.
- The baccalaureate degree in nursing and master's degree in nursing at Grand Canyon University are accredited by the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (http://www.aacn.nche.edu-accreditation).
- GCU provides a Christian environment that provides an opportunity for you to embrace a holistic approach to caring for patients: physically, emotionally, and spiritually.
- Depending on the degree you choose, you could take online, evening, or on-campus classes. Speak with an enrollment counselor to discuss your options!
- B.S. in Nursing (Registered Nurse - R.N. to B.S.N)
- M.S. in Nursing: Health Care Informatics (Bridge)
- M.S. in Nursing: Public Health (Bridge)
- And more...
- BSN completion program for Registered Nurses is available entirely online.
- The RN to BSN program is designed to help students advance their career, or prepare for post-graduate opportunities.
- Courses teach modern health assessment and treatment methods, how to evaluate potential disease or injury, and more.
- Regionally accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges (SACSCOC).
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing (RN to BSN)
- Health Care degrees include BA in Health Care Administration, BS in Health Information Management, BS in Nursing (RN to BSN), and more.
- Coursework focuses on relevant topics in the health care field, such as administration, planning, and policy.
- Students can specialize in areas like Human Resource Management, Health Care Informatics Systems, and Long-Term Care Management.
- Online degree programs that can help students pursue a degree on their own schedule.
- BS/Nursing (RN to BSN)
- Healthcare Management programs at the bachelor and master’s level, with undergraduate specializations in health services administration and gerontology management.
- Specialized degrees that provide in-depth study across multiple disciplines, such as law, marketing, business, government, and technology.
- Industry-current curriculum where more of the courses you take are devoted to your field of interest, on average, than at other similar schools.
- Regionally accredited by the Higher Learning Commission (HLC) of the North Central Association (NCA).
- Master's Healthcare Management
- Education Connection is a 100% Free College Matching Service used by 50,000 People Daily.
- Get Matched to the Right Medical Assisting, Medical Billing and Coding, Healthcare Administration, Health Informatics, Nursing and Health Sciences Degree Program for YOU.
- Affordable and Flexible Health and Medical Assisting Degree Programs from Top Colleges Across the Nation. Both Online And Campus!
- Just Fill Out a Few Questions and You Can Find Your Perfect Medical Degree Program Within Minutes.
- Start Using our Fast, Free, and Easy Matching Service Right HERE and Right NOW!
Centura College, with campus locations in Virginia, South Carolina and Florida, is dedicated to helping students gain the skills and attitudes necessary to succeed. Drawing from over 30 years of career school experience.
Fortis Institute can give you the skills you need to train for a career in the healthcare field.
* Programs vary by location
* Please contact each individual campus for accreditation information
Experience the Rewards of Caring, With ECPI’s Medical Careers Institute, you can Earn Your Bachelor’s Degree in 2.5 Years or Your Associate’s Even Sooner through Our Year-Round Schedule!